In the meantime I have spun the Coopworth and Jacob. The Coopworth I blogged about in an earlier post. I still have to ply that.
The Jacob fibre was really easy to spin with, it didn't take me much time at all. Last Sunday I decided to ply it. It turned out really good. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now all I have to do is decide what to make with it. One of my children has requested a pair of socks, but I have no idea whether I have enough of it yet. I will have to do some weighing and measuring first. So that part is to be continued :-)
This is where I had just started spinning the yarn.
Here I have just put the spun single around my wrist in such a way that I could ply it and had just started plying it onto my spindle.
Here you see where it is all finished plying and it is all on the spindle again.
And now it is made into a ball of yarn.