|In the slow cooker, adding the rub|
|Finished cooking, just put it on a plate.|
Origin: Middle east
|Just before eating|
Time: 8 hours
Traditional/GAPS/SCD legal, Primal
- Slow cooker
- 1 whole chicken
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- butter, chicken fat or such
2 days ahead - thaw chicken in fridge
1 day ahead - start sourdough pita breads
1 day ahead - make garlic sauce
- Grease the slow cooker with butter, chicken fat or such.
- Make a nice rub with all the spices, yoghurt and lemon juice.
- After mixing it well, rub it all over the chicken, which you could cut in bits if you prefer. I usually keep it whole.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker and turn in on low for 8 hours. or 4 hours on high.
dairy - coconut
butter - coconut, tallow, etc.
|Ready to dig in|